Monday, August 4, 2014

The Purge 2: The Darwin Bugaloo

A few weeks ago, I agreed to see "The Purge: Anarchy" with Mox and Cindy.  The original movie was playing on HBO, so I watched it to gear myself up for the movie.  Then I wondered why I didn't just wait until the second one would be shown on HBO, so that I wouldn't see all of the violence on a big screen.  But no, I didn't wuss out.  I did ask my friends what the heck I was doing in the theater when all of the demonic trailers were playing, but then I remembered that I was only going to a violent movie, not one of those kinds, and I relaxed a little.  A LITTLE.

  • You know what scares me the most in these horror flicks?  The masks.<shudder>
  • Still wondering who voted for these crazy Founding Fathers and agreed to all of this crap.
  • Yup, if this was real, the rich people would definitely be paying people so that they could purge by killing them.  It's an effed up Survival of the Fittest.
  • Or, it's like an effed up Hunger Games (as if that scenario isn't already effed up in itself).
  • So The Purge doesn't actually deter anyone from behaving badly (not counting the decreased murder rate the rest of the year).  People still cheat on each other and are pigs.
  • Why would you even go out a couple of hours before The Purge begins?  I would stay the hell home with my weapons ready to defend myself, starting at, like, noon.
  • I probably wouldn't have fancy weapons like the ones at the benefit hunting dinner thing.  The way that woman described the gun was hilariously disturbing.
  • I liked this movie more than its predecessor, because of the plot of the people from different walks of life banding together to get through the night.  
  • If they do a third movie, I wonder if they'll focus on the rebellion.  That could be interesting, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment