Sunday, August 24, 2014

Simple Gifts 08/24/14

Simple Gifts
Sunday, August 24, 2014

Writer

This is the conclusion that came from the (so totally accurate as all of them are) quiz that I took today entitled "What career were you meant for?"

The explanation: "You have an unmatched skill for creating vast worlds both through facts and pure imagination. Your mind is full of creativity, artistry, and expression. Your heart gracefully guides your hands as you work to bring what is truly your spirit to life. You were truly meant to guide the world with your words."

My friend and her friends got the answer "Therapist".  There was a time when this was my career goal, so I took the quiz.  I realized that some of my answers would have been different way back when I was in school.  I thought it was really interesting how much I've changed.  I do write more than I did then (aside from those 10-page term papers that I could eventually turn out overnight), at work, in email, and on this blog.  I do like the catharsis of writing and sharing my trip reports.  Whether or not anyone reads them ... eh, whatevs.  :)

So I took the test again as I would have answered them 20 years ago, and guess what?  I got Therapist.  

That description:  "You are a caring and selfless individual. Your compassion, warmth, and sensitivity can heal others in the most authentic way possible. You help and inspire others, and can really touch people's lives. You truly understand others and can make them happy by just being yourself."

If you take that test above, I recommend that you ask yourself, "Would my answers have been different 10 or 20 years ago?"

I think I'm going to need therapy just to deal with this one quiz and how much this difference truly fascinates me.  Or I'll just talk to myself and analyze it until I fall asleep.  

No comments:

Post a Comment