Monday, August 4, 2014

Ako Ay Groot

One of my friends invited me to  a special screening of "Guardians of the Galaxy" a week before it opened.  Now that the movie has exploded all over the place, I can write this and not get in trouble.  :)  There are always spoilers in my movie posts, though, so beware..  

  • Ranger Rick!
  • Aw, his mom called him Star Lord.    I got all teary at that.  I got teary at all of the mom stuff, actually.  <sniff>
  • This movie made me want to get out my own Awesome Mix Tapes, although that's not what they're called.  I'll be doing that soon.
  • "In order for this plan to work, I'm gonna need that guy's leg."
  • I saw the extended preview of this movie at Disneyland, with 4D special effects.  Not that I wanted to get wet again, but I did kind of miss the wind and the extra stuff at the beginning of the film.
  • I wonder if Vin Diesel recorded his lines in Tagalog.  That would be awesome.
  • Love all of the '80s movie references, especially the one for "Footloose".
  • "Who put the sticks up their butts?"
  • I want a Dancing Baby Groot.  WANT.
  • "I'm pretty sure the answer is 'I am Groot.'"
  • Aw, he IS The Giving Tree!
  • "Why would I want to put my finger on his throat?"
  • "No raccoons or treelike creatures were harmed in the making of this film."  Phew!
Loved this movie.  I may need to see it again just to watch the end of the credits, because we did not get that treat during our screening.  Also, I'm not sure that I heard everything because we laughed a lot and it covered up some dialogue.

No comments:

Post a Comment