Monday, May 26, 2014

Godzilla is BIG, and not just in Japan

Linda, Mox and I had brunch at Nano Cafe before Linda and I went to the theater to watch "Godzilla" (Mox had already seen it this weekend).  I don't know how I lost my ticket within 10 minutes after I purchased it, but I did.  Luckily for me, I had the receipt that shows my reward points, so the nice lady whom originally sold the ticket for me was able to get me in.  Thanks, Rene!


  • I'm going to need to freeze frame those opening credits when I watch this on TV, because I want to read what they blacked out.
  • Nobody says "Gojira" like Ken Watanabe.
  • Philippines!  My homeland!  I translated in my head what all the workers were yelling to each other.  I only told Linda the funniest one:  "Baho! Baho!"  They were warning the others that it smelled bad down in the cavern.  
  • Bats!  Kinda.  Echolocation and wings.
  • Did you see that "Mothra" signage?  I did.
  • Gojira's foot stomping down outside the storefront made me think of "Bambi Meets Godzilla".
  • "Look, Mommy!  Dinosaurs!"
  • When the female MUTO walks over Ford with those eggs all sloshing around:  GROSS.
  • Sher:  "You need to do something about those."
  • Aw, it's like "Lady and the Tramp", except with a bomb instead of spaghetti.
  • DRIVE that bus, dude!  Go!
  • Gojira breathes blue fire.  I like the way his scales light up as he gets ready to do that.
  • The arrogance of man is thinking nature is in our control, and not the other way around."
See it on the big screen.  I wish I had seen this in IMAX.

No comments:

Post a Comment