Saturday, May 3, 2014

Beyond the Machine

Lori was on Spring Break, and I had the afternoon off of work, so we went to watch Johnny Depp in "Transcendence."

  • I prefer to see Johnny Depp with hair.
  • Interesting concept.  I wonder how frighteningly close we actually are to having AI with actual emotions.  You just know that we're not being told about it yet.
  • Creepy how Will's minions would talk to his friends with Will's voice.
  • We were wondering how he poured the wine and made dinner for her, then realized that it must have been the woman that was helping serve at the end, when Will was making the dinner plate sounds.
  • If copper blocks satellite/cell phone signals, does that mean that a house with copper piping has a natural block from clear signal coverage?
  • That lecture hall is actually the Valley Performing Arts Center on the Cal State Northridge campus.  I saw Bernadette Peters there.  I even saw the place where I sat!  
  • Cinematography was great.  I liked the visual effects of the different bits rising through the air.
  • "We can save him."  Please do!
  • Ah, AI can love humans!


No comments:

Post a Comment