Sunday, April 13, 2014

Well-Deserved

Congratulations to my beloved Rockapella, the first-ever winners of a Lifetime Achievement Award from the Contemporary A Cappella Society!!!

Rockapella received their award last night at Boston Sings, an a cappella festival, where they were the featured artists at the professional showcase.  In attendance to receive the award were current line-up members Scott Leonard, Jeff Thacher, George Baldi, Steve Dorian and Calvin Jones, as well as Charlie Evett and original member Elliott Kermann.  

I wish I had been there to see them accept their award, but I'm proud that the first-ever honor went to the group that influenced many, many current contemporary a cappella groups.

You are the best, Rockapella, and in my heart and in the hearts of many, many fans, you always will be. 


Tower Records 04/16/99
Barry, Kevin, Elliott, Scott and Jeff


No comments:

Post a Comment