Sunday, March 2, 2014

Human Interest Story

The last of the 9 Academy Award Best Picture nominees:  "Philomena".


  • Judi Dench reminds me of my friend Kathie from church.
  • How can Steve Coogan's character not believe in God?  He's Sexy Jesus!
  • Loved the performances from both actors.
  • I think I cried more during this movie than any of the other 8 films.  Or maybe as much as when I watched "12 Years A Slave".  I laughed more while watching this movie than the other one, though.
  • "What about Anne Boleyn?  That's a lovely name, but somebody already had that, of course."
  • They did a really good job finding a person who looks like she could be a young Judi Dench.
  • The Jayne Mansfield/Jane Russell discussion was hilarious.
  • "What if he's obese?!"...."Because of the size of the portions!"
  • She has a titanium hip, like my mom!
  • Beautiful cinematography.  I was especially impressed with the images of the convent in the winter.
  • "F**k**g Catholics."
I'm glad that this was the final movie of the bunch for me.  It was wonderful, and I like finishing on a high note.

No comments:

Post a Comment