Monday, March 31, 2014

Dauntless

I like having a 3-day weekend! Today I got some of my steps in by walking to the movie theater to see "Divergent".

  • I have respected Shailene Woodley's acting talent since I saw her in "The Descendants".  She did a great job here, too.
  • Four.  Hummina.  Hello, Theo James!
  • "I don't want to be just one thing. I can't be. I want to be brave, and I want to be selfless, intelligent, and honest and kind. Well, I'm still working on kind."
  • Ashley Judd, taking names.  I like that she plays strong characters.
  • Tony Goldwyn still makes me think that he's going to have Patrick Swayze killed, so I still think he's sinister, even when he's not.  Sorry, Tony!
  • Dude, what is it with this film and the cutting of the hands?!
  • I wonder what I would have done in Tris' place when it came to choosing her faction, as well as facing her fears.  I guess I'd like to think that I'd be brave, but would I leave my faction?  I don't know.  
  • The way their tattoos were applied, it didn't seem painful.  I know that all of that detail and the very dark, filled-in tattoos actually hurt the way they're done in our current world.
  • I guess I have another book series that I need to read.  I really liked the premise, and I'm looking forward to more installments.
  • What is beyond the Chicago gates?  Interesting.
  • Hey, that's my friend's sister Sophia Lo in the credits! She did digital composition.  Yay, Sophia!!!
  • According to the site's aptitude test, I am Divergent, scoring highest for Amity (kind) and Dauntless (brave).  Hey, maybe I *am* brave, after all!
    • For the record, in order of the highest scoring faction to the lowest:
      • Amity (kind)
      • Dauntless (brave)
      • Erudite (intelligent)
      • Candor (truthful)
      • Abnegation (selfless)
    • (Erudite and Candor were almost a tie)


No comments:

Post a Comment