Saturday, May 4, 2013

WAR MACHINE ROX

"Iron Man 3" opened yesterday, and my friends and I watched it at the El Capitan Theater in Hollywood.  We weren't allowed to go into the theater until the posted start time.  I think that it's because the previous show had a surprise appearance by Robert Downey, Jr.  My friend and I overheard someone saying something along those lines as she passed by us in line. I'm totally jealous.  He was there to congratulate the students at the Inventor and Innovator Fair.  He's awesome, I tell ya.  

There was no pre-show for us like there usually is at this theater.  A dancing Iron Man would have been a nice addition.  Or a dancing RDJ.  Or just RDJ standing there as we applaud widely.  Whatevs.  I'm still jealous.   Anyway, on with the movie, which we saw in 3D and VERY loud digital sound.


  • Love the Mark 42.  Love, love, love it!  (Of course I do.  It's the Answer).
  • The dunce cap was funny.  Poor robot.
  • I also like the white suit that Pepper was wearing when she met with Aldrich.
  • I like Guy Pearce better when he's dressed up and not all stringy-haired.
  • Me during the scene at the Chinese Theater: "That's right over there!" and then they showed the El Cap, and I felt the need to point at it, as if anyone was unaware of where we were at the time.
  • The crime scene technology was pretty cool, too.  It reminded me of the tech they use to solve crimes in "Bones".
  • "Iron Patriot" doesn't sound as cool as "Iron Man".
  • "I'm a mechanic.  I fix things."
  • Tony's car was really cool, of course.  Too bad they had to go and wreck the pretty thing.
  • Sir Ben Kingsley is hilarious when he's not being all serious-actor-y.  He was very funny on The Colbert Report this week, too.
  • That Harley kid was cute, especially during Tony's first anxiety attack.
  • "I loved you in 'A Christmas Story'."
  • I liked that Barrel of Monkeys scene.  I also liked that it was called Barrel of Monkeys in the credits.
  • Fanboy in news van.  Funny, and probably what is making the comic book fans so angry at this movie not following the comics.  Sorry, I tend to over-analyze behavior sometimes.
  • "Seriously, I don't even like working for them.  They are so weird!"
  • Kick some ass, Pepper!
  • BRUCE!!!!
This is now my favorite of the IM trilogy. 



No comments:

Post a Comment