Saturday, May 4, 2013

Dream Of Us

I like it when I open up our office on Fridays, because that means that I can start my weekend an hour earlier than usual.  On a recent Friday, I got home in time to park my car then walk over to my local movie theater for a show.  In this case, the movie I saw was "Oblivion".


  • I know that Tom Cruise has received a LOT of flak lately because of a lot of things, but I still like seeing his movies.  This one was no exception.
  • Incredible and imaginative visuals.  Cruise was on The Daily Show recently, and talked about director Joseph Kosinski.  His debut movie was Tron: Legacy, a movie I enjoyed.  Then there's this movie.  That's it.  I'm looking forward to his future work.
  • That plane was awesome, although it was a little bit too phallic for me not to think of other stuff whenever it was in a certain position.  
  • So was that bobblehead supposed to be Elvis?  Or just some generic musician?
  • Wow, that pool.  Not sure I'd want one, but it was pretty.
  • I love the place that was his haven on Earth.  Then, because I had just finished reading "The Hunger Games", I wondered if they had to hunt for food with bows and arrows.
  • Any rebellion that is headed by Morgan Freeman has my backing.
  • I want a King Kong plush from the Statue of Liberty.  I do not want a replica of the statue, because I now think of that one episode of "Doctor Who" that showed scary Liberty.
  • Is Tom Cruises' favorite baseball team the Yankees?  Because I've seen him wear that hat in "War of the Worlds", too.
  • OK, I knew that I was supposed to see a ring when she looked through that binocular thing, but I didn't see it.  I maybe saw a sparkle.  Was that it?
  • Totally thought of WALL-E with that flower.  But Eve would not have been so harsh.
I recommend that this movie be seen in a theater, because the visuals really are spectacular.  

No comments:

Post a Comment