Saturday, February 23, 2013

The D Is Silent, Hillbilly

I didn't make it in time to the theater to see "Django Unchained" after work on Thursday as planned, because of an accident on the freeway.  Stupid other drivers.  But I did make it just in time on Friday night, even with the showtime being 10 minutes earlier.  Yay, me!

  • Just like with other Tarantino films, there is a LOT of blood.  I'm used to that by now.
  • I'm also used to the fact that I dread the bloody scenes, but QT really is talented, and I like what he's done here with his version of a Western...errr, Southern.
  • I'm convinced that Christoph Waltz needs to be in all of QT's films.  He does an amazing job here, as he did in "Inglorious Bastards".  His Oscar nomination is well-deserved.  I mean, I even love the way he would fix his facial hair.
  • Tom Wopat?!  That's who that was? No wonder he looked familiar.  Don Johnson, too.  Hey, that's Amber Tamblyn in the window.  I didn't catch her dad, though.  I love that Tarantino loves his pop culture idols.
  • "You mean, you wanna dress like that?"
  • The scene with the white bags was hilarious! "No, nobody brought an extra bag!"
  • Dude, Leo, you are not a good dude in this movie.  
  • "I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself."
  • Also, I think this is the first movie wherein I actually hated Samuel L. Jackson's theater.  What an a- hole.
  • "Alexandre Dumas is black."  Loved the reaction.
  • So, um, I guess that I've now seen Jamie Foxx's man parts.
  • I like this soundtrack!
  • I knew it!  According to Quentin at Comic-con, Broomhilda's last name is a reference to "Shaft".
This movie is not for the squeamish, but I liked it.  I could watch that white bag scene many times.  That and listen to Waltz recite all of his lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment