Tuesday, March 12, 2013

DLR LotD 02/27/13

Disneyland Resort
Line of the Day

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Special Edition: The Glenlivet Scotch Dinner at Catal

Rob Roy 
"If my eyes are still a little bit dilated before the Scotch dinner, how will my eyes  know when I'm drunk?" -- Sherry, tweeting to no one in particular

Amuse Buche: Oyster with Cucumber Sorbet
"I'll just put it right down my pants.  They'll never know." -- Andrea

12 Year Old
Whipped Smoked Salmon w/Honey-thyme creme Fraiche, lemon-oat clusters
"It's been beaten and whipped, like my forefathers." -- Andrea

15 Year Old French Oak Reserve
Whisky-Spiced Poached Pear w/Gorgonzola cheese croquette, local honeycomb, wild arugula, candied walnuts, gastrique
"Are you voguing?" -- Matt, to Sherry, after hearing the word "model"

Nadurra 16 Year Old Cask Strength
Seared Day Boat Scallop and Lacquered Pork Belly w/Caramelized pineapple, vanilla-sun choke puree, crushed hazelnuts
"It's a fork." -- Sherry, to Cindy, as Cindy stared with wonder at her utensil

18 Year Old
Braised "smokey" Beef Short Ribs w/ Honey glazed carrots, "tater tots", mascarpone cream, green peppercorn caramel
"The Irish invented whiskey, but the Scotch perfected it." -- Scotchmaster Rick (I don't know why, but my notes say "Ian" -- was it a different guy than on the menu, or was I drunk?)

21 Year Old Archive
Banana-Butterscotch Brioche Bread Pudding w/Scotch-ale gelato
"Andrea, Unchained!" -- Sherry




No comments:

Post a Comment