Saturday, July 21, 2012

The Responsible Hero

When I was visiting with the family a couple of weeks ago, V and I saw "The Amazing Spider-Man" in 2D.  I liked it a lot, and wanted to see some of the web-slinging in 3D, so I went to see the movie again, this time with Linda, and this time in 3D.  


Overall thoughts:

  • Andrew Garfield has a great butt.  Nice shot of it as he's laying face down on the street.  Also, nice suit.  When he was on The Ellen Degeneres Show, he said that the wasn't wearing anything underneath it.   
  • Yeah, I have a geek crush on him now.  He did a great job in this movie, as he was the geeky high school kid who couldn't say a complete sentence when asking the pretty girl to go out on a date.
  • So did they ever actually go out on a date?  It seems that they had dinner with her family at her house after he climbed into the window of her room, but I don't recall them ever going out anywhere together.
  • Emma Stone looks really young as Gwen Stacey.  Must be the bangs.  Or those wacky long socks.  What was up with her footwear, anyway?
  • I giggled at Denis Leary a little bit, because I remembered his interview on The Daily Show.  He said that people confuse him with Willem Dafoe and they used to tell him that they loved him in Spider-man.  Now that he's actually in a Spider-man movie, he won't know if they're talking about him or Dafoe.
  • Lizards, lizards, everywhere!  Who knew that there were that many of them in NYC?  And colorful ones at that!
  • How does nobody notice the green scaly skin on Dr. Connors' neck?  Or were they all just being polite and not mentioning it?
  • Are Martin Sheen's teeth always like that, or is that a makeup thing?
  • Wait.  That was C. Thomas Howell?  V said that she noticed when she saw him, but I'm a ditz and didn't notice.  Ponyboy is all grown up and playing dads with gray in their hair.  
  • Aw, Sally Field.  I hope she's in the sequels, too.  I hope there are sequels.
  • That web-slinging through the city was awesome.  Glad I went back to see that.
  • So, so glad that they had Peter design his own web shooters.  The Tobey Maguire version irritated me in that sense.  Webs don't come out of spider's wrists.  Do they have wrists?  Let's not talk about the location of the actual spiderweb creation.
  • I also liked that this Spidey is a bit of a smart-ass, like I'm used to.When the radioactive spiders all came down on Peter, I was glad that we weren't watching in 4D.
  • OK, I totally cried when he brought the eggs home.
  • That voice at the end sounded like Dafoe to me.
  • Loved the Stan Lee cameo. 
Although I was puzzled as to why a Spidey reboot was done so soon, I'm glad that it happened. This version is lighter than the Sam Raimi films, and I like it that way.  

No comments:

Post a Comment