Saturday, July 21, 2012

Rise! Rise! Rise!

The news of the tragic shooting at a midnight screening of "The Dark Knight Rises" worried me on Friday morning, because I turned on the TV in the middle of the story, and it took a long time for the reporter to say that it happened in Aurora, CO.  I was worried because I had friends seeing the midnight screening here in town.  Thank goodness they were safe, but my heart goes out to the families of those that suffered in Aurora.  


This event did not deter me and Linda from going to see the film on opening night, though.  We went to Chili's for dinner, and we did a quick recap of what happened in the first two films of the trilogy. I wore my new hair clip, which is made of wood and shaped like a bat.  I like bats.  Not up close, but I like them. My current avatar on the side bar should tell you that much.   While we were parking, we saw a guy wearing a Batman logo shirt, holding the hand of a girl with a Robin top and cape. Cute!  I got REALLY cute shoes at DSW, which I had wanted when we went to see Spidey, but they didn't have my size.  They had them here, and they matched my purse.  I was very happy.  There were police officers keeping watch outside the Arclight, but I didn't see them searching any bags.


I finally saw the trailer for the Superman reboot, "Man of Steel".  I got very excited, and 2013 is way far away.  He's my fave.  Batman's my 2nd fave.  Spidey is my 3rd.  Wonder Woman is in a class all by herself in my book.  When is that going to happen?  OK, I'll just enjoy my summer of 2 of my favorite superheroes right now.  Plus, that Avengers movie was awesome.  Anyway...

  • Anne Hathaway can kick butt as Catwoman.  She also kicked butt as 99 in "Get Smart", so I shouldn't have been surprised.  Love those lips.
  • So, yeah, the first hour of the film with all of the shooting was a bit unnerving, considering the events of the day.
  • "Yes, it also comes in black".
  • "This isn't a car."
  • "So that's what that feels like."  (My favorite line, BTW).
  • He mentions to someone that the mask is to protect his loved ones, and I think "Robin!!!"  Wonder if he would use that name, or "Nightwing", though.
  • Nice appearance by Scarecrow!  The crowd loved it.
  • So Bane reminded me of Darth Vader with that mask.  And then He Who Played Qui-Gon  did a cameo.  Whoa.
  • Linda and I had forgotten who played the love interest in "The Dark Knight".  When Bruce looked at her picture, we turned to each other and whispered, "Maggie!"
  • Christian Bale is awesome as always.  I also like when he's shirtless, especially in "American Psycho".  Oh, wait.  This is when he's a good guy.  
  • So Christopher Nolan continues to work with Marion Cotillard and Joseph Gordon-Levitt.  Not bad company at all!  I especially liked JGL's performance.  He kicks ass now.  Remember when he was still a kid?  I'm so old.
  • I think that Commissioner Gordon is my favorite Gary Oldman role, because I love Commissioner Gordon.
  • I'm glad that they didn't keep using the 8 bars of score music over and over again, like they did in the trailers, though it was a bit repetitive at imes.
  • Rise! Rise! Rise!  
I really liked this movie, and it was a nice ending to the Dark Knight trilogy.  I cried at the end, yes.  Of course I did.  I think I might need to see it in IMAX, so I can cry even bigger tears.

No comments:

Post a Comment