Monday, February 20, 2012

Winning By The Numbers

Part 2 of Brad Pitt day:  "Moneyball".

  • I think that I like baseball movies more than I actually like baseball.
  • I was worried that I'd have to think too much about math when Pete started talking, but they didn't go into too much detail. I can do math, I just didn't want the movie to be all about it.
  • I liked the relationship between Billy and his daughter, especially the scene in the music store.
  • Brad Pitt, why must you still look good as you age so beautifully?  Sigh.
  • Interesting story on the DVD about Stephen Bishop actually being a baseball player and idolizing David Justice, whom he portrayed in the movie.
  • I think it's weird to have a meeting with people sitting behind you while you're looking at the guy holding the meeting.  It felt to me like it was rude for Billy to have his back to the rest of the Indians' scouting staff. But I guess that's a power thing.
  • I didn't realize that was Phillip Seymour Hoffman at first, maybe because of the lack of hair.
  • I like how Billy strategized with the players once he had their respect. That's when I thought he finally looked like a true leader.
  • "How can you not get romantic about baseball?"
  • "I hate losing even more than I want to win."
Enjoyable movie, especially if you like strategic stuff, or baseball, or Brad Pitt, or all of the above.

No comments:

Post a Comment