Saturday, February 11, 2012

Pal Joey

I finally saw "War Horse" last Friday after work.  I had been wanting to watch the movie since the first time I saw the trailer.  I also have been wanting to see the stage play, which will be showing at the Ahmanson Theatre later this year.  Ooh, I need to buy my ticket soon!



  • This movie reminds me of "The Red Violin", what with all of the different "owners" of Joey.  Except that this one had much more death.
  • It's a horse movie.  I cried, like, 8 times.
  • Brilliant usage of the windmill panes.  Absolutely brilliant.
  • The barbed wire scene made me cringe a lot...and then later, it made me giggle.
  • Great score by John Williams.  It helped me get all weepy.
  • I loved the friendship between Joey and Topthorne.
  • Dude, that horse needs to JUMP!
  • I really liked the character of Emilie.  I think I would have been just like her in her situation, hiding horses in my room.
  • Gorgeous cinematography.  I'm really glad that I saw it in the theater.
  • Be brave.
I loved this movie.  I think that I need to purchase it when it comes out on Blu-Ray.  Great story, great characters, and if anyone dislikes that horse, they have no soul.


1 comment:

  1. That barbed wire scene, and a few others too, was so painful to watch. I'm looking forward to seeing how they do this on stage.

    ReplyDelete