Tuesday, December 20, 2011

The Fairest One of All

Today, the apple of my (other) eye turned 2.  Luckily for us, she was also in town, so that we could celebrate together at my parents' house.



Miss O loves to watch "Snow White and the Seven Dwarves", and dressed as "White" for Hallowe'en.  My parents had asked Bro to bring her costume this weekend, so that she could be themed with her cake.
The yummy cake, with princesses
Our Princess


When I heard about the cake, I immediately asked if there was an Ariel and if I could have it.  Mom said yes, but advised me to ask the birthday girl.  The cake arrived, and I asked Miss O, and she nodded yes.  Yay!  She was in a good mood today, and responded to me.  Here we are with our princesses.


There were so many cameras flashing that it was like we were paparazzi, and as we waited for Auntie Milda to return from her 2 hour jaunt (for what we thought was just to get chicken, Starbucks, bananas and popcorn), we decided to attack her with flashes from our cameras.  The result was hilarious.  This was my mom's idea.  My mom came up with a lot of funny stuff this weekend.


For some reason, Mom also said that we should do the candle blowing before dinner, and got all of the plates and forks ready.  We sang to Miss O, whom inexplicably went under the table in the middle of the song.  It might have been because Bro needed us to start the song over for the video, and she had done enough waiting.  I don't know.  But then we didn't eat the cake, as it was dinner time.  So I don't know why we did the candle thing before dinner anyway.  


After our dinner that included the birthday tradition of pancit, we designed our own donkey tails (yes, all of us), and played Stick the Tail on the Donkey.  Don't you miss the old days, when we used pins and were a potential danger to ourselves and everyone around us?  Yeah, me too.  Auntie Milda was terrified of being blindfolded.  Lucky for her, the blindfold didn't fit her, but she and all of us other adults were trusted to keep our eyes closed.  Even the lady with the new hip joined in.  It was tons of fun.











Mr. B then asked if we could eat cake, which he didn't really end up enjoying.  I loved it.  It was from Goldilock's bakery and was made of mocha sponge cake and macapuno filling.  Mmmm...I may need to have more of that before I leave tomorrow.


Miss O then opened her birthday gifts, which included a toy that had a hippo (from guess who), a couple of outfits (from guess who again), a rockin' Elmo, a couple of Angry Birds, and a very nice play kitchen and plastic food from her parents.  She also received a plush of one of the 7 dwarves.  I think it's Doc.


Miss O and this season's Chritmas trend: Scottie Dogs
Snow White gets dinner ready for the dwarves
Auntie Milda had forgotten to buy the popcorn while out on her 2-hour jaunt, so she was required to go out again.  She also went to get herself more Starbucks, because hers had spilled in the kitchen, much to the delight of Stocky P, who would not get away from licking the floor until actually being physically forced out of there.  Her 2nd coffee ended up being free because the computers had gone down.  Wow!  During this time, Bro and V built their daughter's new kitchen.


So the kids had their bath, the kettlecorn was popped, and we (Miss O, Mr. B, V and I) sat down to watch the "Cars 2" DVD, which I had requested because I had never seen the movie.  Miss O loves the movie, so she happily agreed to watch "Dardoo".  That was a fun movie.


During the movie, Miss O was very attentive to the TV most of the time, but she IS only 2 years old, and there were new toys to distract her.  My favorite distraction was when she decided to be inside the box that held Elmo.
That's not Elmo!


Happy Birthday, Miss O!  Thank you for letting us enjoy your special day with you! 


The Fairest One of All




No comments:

Post a Comment