Thursday, April 28, 2011

Rrrrroooooaaaaarrrrrr

After church service on Easter Sunday, Linda and I had a yummy brunch at The Cheesecake Factory, where our server, Shannon, was wearing a cool tie with a bunch of African animals on it.  He told us that he had gone to a wildlife preserve in Africa last year, and showed us a picture of a lioness on top of a "sleeping" giraffe.  I've always wanted to go on a photo safari in Africa, and that made me just want to do it even more.  Perhaps I'll just settle for a local one here if I have to do so, but that would just be wayyyy cool.


Anyway, I had already planned on seeing "African Cats", but his tie inspired me even more.

  •  Samuel L. Jackson's narration made me want to see some fighting, with his voice over peppered with some kind of "Mother (eff) ing" thing.  Yes, I know it was a Disneynature film, and meant to be "G" rated.  Still...
  • The first shot of the hippo did not make me happy, but all of the other subsequent shots had me whispering to myself, "Hippo!"
  • Was I the only one thinking "Do not look into the eyes of Mara"?  I was?  Oh.
  • Also, I wonder if I was the only one with the song "Layla" playing in my head whenever her name was spoken.  Aw....Layla.
  • OMG, all of the baby animals made me want to pet them.  Sooooo cute, especially those cheetah cubs.  They are now the wallpaper on this laptop that I'm using.
  • I totally loved the lessons that Sita's cubs had to learn.
  • I didn't know that cats formed gangs: I thought that they were loners, except for the Lion Prides.
  • That Fang vs. Crocodile scene was cool.  You see?  This is where Mr. Jackson could have said the line I wanted to hear!
  • Hyenas are creepy.
  • Loved the credits at the end, especially the one for Underwater Photography.  :)
I now want to watch all of my Planet Earth DVDs, but I don't have time! It's NBA playoff season!


1 comment:

  1. Yeah, hyenas are not as amusing and funny as people would have you believe. I feel totally misled.

    That poor serval, used as practice for the cheetah cubs.

    Next year - chimps! :)

    ReplyDelete