Friday, April 22, 2011

Neo Zenith Tablet

Yesterday, I had some time before work and rehearsal to see a movie.  Due to timing, my choices were "Rio" and "Limitless".  After hours of not-really-focused decision-making, I chose "Limitless". I'm sure glad I did!

  • I've decided that my favorite Bradley Cooper hairstyle is the one he usually has, with the waves, but not too long.  He has two other hairstyles in this film, and I did not enjoy them.
  • The water along the Mexican Riviera is as blue as B.C.'s eyes.  GORGEOUS.  It makes me want to go back on a cruise.
  • Abbie Cornish reminds me of Nicole Kidman.  Back in the day, this could have been a Tom Cruise/Nicole Kidman movie.  I can totally see that.  
  • Cooper was on "Inside the Actor's Studio" a few weeks ago, which was quite emotional for him because he is an alumnus of the school, and they had a clip of him as a student asking a question of then-guest Robert DeNiro, his acting hero.  I couldn't help but think of that interview during their first and last scenes together.  That experience must have been amazing.
  • I wonder if that little girl ever wanted to go ice skating again, or if she's too traumatized to do so.
  • So Gennady was going to flay Eddie.  I wonder if I'm the only one that thought of AngryWillow on Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
  • Which reminds me....eeeewwwww....drug in bloodstream, now on floor....eeewwww.
  • What about the drug makes everyone hobble like that?
  • The visual effects were pretty cool.   I didn't understand why the opening credits had us moving forward so quickly on a New York street until later, but I liked the effect.  I especially liked seeing the letters fall from the ceiling as Eddie wrote his book.
  • So if this drug gets you to remember everything that you've seen and you can apply this knowledge almost instantly, I'm wondering what I'd be like, because I've watched a LOT of TV.
I really enjoyed this movie.  I don't care about the preposterous notions of certain things, but the ride was fun, and it made me think (see that last bullet above).  Definitely recommended, especially for all of the shots of those gorgeous blue eyes.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment