Saturday, May 22, 2010

Fe Dude 2: The Metal Boogaloo

Seeing "Iron Man 2" was my motivation for taking a walk to the movie theater on Furlough Friday this week.  I kept dilly-dallying, but finally made it out the door and walked quickly to the theater, making it into the actual room as the previews were being shown.  Phew!
  • Is it wrong that I liked the streaks in Mickey Rourke's hair?
  • Who came first?  Vanko or Baretta?
  • I'm not jealous enough of Scarlett Johansson already, that now she also has to be a S.H.I.E.L.D. badass?  Unfair! ;)
  • Pepper Potts looks great in blue dresses.
  • I like Sam Rockwell as a comical bad guy.  Reminds me of when he was in "Charlie's Angels", which I happened to watch later that night.
  • I like that Jon Favreau gave himself a little bit with which to kick some ass.
  • I think that I would have preferred to wear Rhodey's silver suit: more sleek, less flashy. 
  • Nick Fury had more stuff to do here.  Cool.  "Which do I look at?  The patch or the eye?"
  • Heh.  "Super Secret Boy Band".
  • I liked the scenery when Rhodey and Stark, in their suits, are telling each other to get to higher ground.  The cherry blossom petals are falling as the War Machines show up.  It looks like the beginning of a fight in a martial arts film.
  • I cried during that whole scene with the Stark father/son stuff.  Shut up.
  • I love that "Make Way For Tomorrow Today" song.  It sounds like "It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow".Hey, it's by Richard Sherman!  

So the God of Thunder is next up?  Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment