Linda and I saw “It’s Complicated” on New Year’s Day.
- I want to live in that house, with the beautiful kitchen and patio and garden, with my bedroom having a view of the ocean. Wow.
- Totally craved a chocolate croissant afterward. Totally got one for myself, thanks to the Blue Ribbon Bakery, and the guy warmed it up for me. NICE.
- Linda and I both wanted guys like Steve Martin. Not the man himself, because he’s already got some young gal, but somebody like him.
- Alec Baldwin is really hairy. REALLY.
- I loved the whole bit about Jane holding up her eyebrow because it was sagging.
- I love John Krasinski from his role in “The Office”, and love him even more now because of his role here. His freak-out at the hotel was hysterical. Emily Blunt is a lucky lady.
- Great casting of the kids. They really did look like siblings.
- I liked the premise of the movie, and mostly the part where Jane is telling her girlfriends about it, and they’re all trying to analyze the underlying reason for it.
- The marijuana scene, although funny, wasn’t necessary. I mean, I guess you can say that she could only handle the situation by being high, but it didn’t sit well with me for some reason.
- Is it really good luck for a construction project to start in the rain? Where did they think that one up? Seattle? How are you even supposed to start a foundation with rain pouring down on you? Oh, wait. Perhaps it’s a metaphor.
Fun romantic comedy. If you need to get away from the Avatar and Alvin crowds, this is a good one to see.