Friday, October 19, 2007

Thoughts from 10/18/07

All I know is that if I was a college student and John Williams was conducting me in my symphony orchestra, I'd at least look up at him every few bars while he's conducting us.

That's probably one of the few times that those Trojans will ever do what a Bruin tells them to do...and on Trojan grounds, no less. They should do it more often. ;)

I loved his comment that it was nice to conduct his film scores "without the distraction of spaceships and horse's hooves."

My favorite anecdote: After watching "Schindler's List" for the 1st time before writing the score, JW was so emotional that he had to take a walk around the property for a few minutes before continuing with the production meeting. When he returned, he said to Spielberg, "Steven, you need someone far better than me to compose this score. I'm just not good enough for it." SS replied, "Yeah, but they're all dead."

I don't know if I'll ever get to watch JW from just 15 feet away again, so I'll cherish this night always.

Thanks, V!

No comments:

Post a Comment