Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Tastes around BP

So I've wrapped up 5 weeks of training over the last 6 months in Buena Park, and someone has requested that I blog about my food experiences. Since that person is the only one to regularly comment on my blog, I shall reward her by indulging her request. :)

This will be in short form, since the essay form was just WAY too long.

Japanese: Sushi Ya on Orangethorpe in La Palma. Ate there 3 times, because my co-trainer wanted sushi most of the time. Tasty, but not the best ever.

Vietnamese: Went to a few places. The best one: Kim Loan on Orangethorpe in Fullerton. I've come to really enjoy Vietnamese Pho at any place, but Kim Loan has the best spring rolls and crispy noodle dishes as well. Highly recommended, and the prices are very reasonable.

Vietnamese Sandwiches: Lee's Sandwiches, which offers both Asian- and European-style sandwiches. See my blog below on the awesomeness of almonds with tuna. http://www.leesandwiches.com/index.php

Filipino:
  • Pinoy Grill on La Mirada -- beef dish was salty, upo dish was bland, melon drink yummy
  • Mami King on Knott & La Palma -- (chain restaurant) Very tasty pancit canton, and they specialize in noodle soups, with dumplings (shomai) and steamed buns (siopao). Went there twice, which provided a total of 4-5 meals, actually. Food cooked to order.
  • Manila Grille on Knott Ave -- tasty. Both Beefsteak and upo/shrimp dishes had nice flavor. This is a fast food style place, and the parking lot is pretty much just gravel, but from the number of cars outside at lunch and dinner, I figured this would be a good bet, and I was right.
Southern: PoFolks -- SWEEEET TEA!!!!! Oh, and lots of fried food, with mac 'n' cheese noted as a vegetable.

Buffet: Asia Buffet -- located at the back of the Buena Park mall. Great variety, and plenty of seafood. My favorite dish was the fried bananas, because they were done just like my mom makes, Filipino-style. Yummmmmmm.....

OK, now I'm really hungry. Thanks a LOT, Cindy.

1 comment:

  1. There is nothing wrong with your computer monitor. Do not attempt to adjust the picture. I am controlling your comment section. ;)

    Vietnamese - Hmmm, I've never tried that before. I had heard it was mostly just noodle soups type stuff (which I love), but apparently, they have other stuff as well. I'll have to try that sometime.

    Hmmm, Mami King sounds like it might be the best bet. I love Salo Salo, but it's not particularly convenient to get to.

    Po' Folks - *sigh*

    ReplyDelete