Saturday, October 20, 2007

They Got The Beat In 'Dena!

Y'all know that I'm way behind in my trip reports, so I'll use this method to get the scoop to you until our site gets updated.

10/19/07 -- Rockapella in Pasadena, CA

1. Ashley the "Beg" girl giving a fabulous performance, causing John to laugh instead of sing, Joe B. to fall off his chair laughing, and a standing ovation from the audience.

2. Scott doing a double-take from the stage when he saw me.

3. George telling me his favorite song to sing is the wicked bassline in "Paper Doll," which he changes all the time.

4. Scott thinking aloud about rewriting a lyric in "California Sad-Eyed Girl", and taking suggestions ... during the show. (I like "ooh, Pasadena" myself).

5. Jeff wearing sneakers with his suit.

6. Six-year-old Daniella wearing a vintage Rockapella shirt.

7. Jeff calling me a "lovely girl" ... and then ignoring me.

8. Jeff's cricket noises prompting the house lights to go dark.

9. Kevin talking at length about the beef jerky/Sasquatch commercials at the meet-n-greet.

10. George calling me "Sweetness". (Melt-o-rama!!!)

Thank you to all of you for joining me...especially new push-ees Dodie & Mox. I hope you join us again! I'll see the rest of you in R.C.!

2 comments:

  1. 11. Scott unknowingly agreeing with me that "Rancho Cucamonga" has too many syllables. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "7. Jeff calling me a "lovely girl" ... and then ignoring me."

    Ahhh... dontcha just love Thacher? LOL

    ReplyDelete