Saturday, November 16, 2019

Journey To The Past


Anastasia
Wednesday, October 16, 2019
Pantages Theatre
Hollywood, CA

I was happy to see that Goldstar was selling tickets to "Anastasia" at the Pantages, because I wanted to see it but didn't want to spend a lot of money.  Bro happily met up with me while I was eating at The Pie Hole before walking to the theatre for the show.

Trick or Treat Pie
Yes, those are potato chip crumbs!

I bought a tiara as my souvenir, because, well, Princess!  Our seats were upstairs on the left aisle of the center section.  Nice view!  The curtain had images of snowflakes falling.  Bro thought maybe it might snow in the theater later, like at Disneyland.





  • I hadn't seen the movie in a long time, but I did notice a bunch of differences in the play, most notably the absence of Rasputin and his bat friend.  I missed them!  The antagonist, instead, was a Bolshevik General named Gleb.
  • Great job by little Anastasia, Delilah Rose Pellow! 
  • Interesting way of showing what happened the night of the fire.
  • How can Anya possibly doubt that she is Anastasia if she is having all of those flashbacks?  I mean, I know she was young when it happened, but how else could she explain all of those memories in the palace?
  • What I remember from the movie is that Anya had the key that opened the music box, and not a memory of the method to open the music box.  They couldn't give her a necklace to make it more visual?
  • I'm glad that they kept one of my favorite lines "And I recall his yellow cat!"  "I don't believe we taught her that." 
  • I liked the set of them traveling on the train.
  • Vlad and Lily were hilarious together!  It was no surprise to me that portrayers Edward Staudemayer and Tari Kelly received the biggest applause of the supporting cast.
  • Beautiful dancing during "Swan Lake", and I like how it worked with "Quartet at the Ballet".  I need to see that ballet someday.
  • I did not enjoy the show as much as I like the movie, but I did like it.  I guess I just really missed my bat, Bartok.  Not because he's the greatest character, but because he's a bat.
  • I liked the songs that I knew more than the other ones, but you know, I'm a purist.  
  • "Once Upon A December" is still my favorite. I love that song.


Typical Sherry Selfie
Thanks for joining me, Bro!

No comments:

Post a Comment