Friday, November 29, 2019

A Different Kind of Batmobile

I saw "Ford vs. Ferrari" because I was in the mood for some Christian Bale goodness.  Also, because cars are cool, man.


  • I didn't know that Le Mans was 24 hours long.  Probably because I always thought it was just called "Le Mans".
  • Loved Miles' reaction when he saw the Mustang.
  • That brawl between Miles and Shelby was classic, especially with Mollie just getting a chair to sit down and watch from across the street.  "Do we need anything from the market?"
  • Just replace the brake assembly!  Genius!
  • That bit with the lug nuts was funny.  
  • Why don't Americans have nice stopwatches like the Italians do?  Do they have better regular watches, too?
  • Wait. So that's Bruce McLaren of the McLaren auto company?  Neato!
  • James Bond doesn't drive a Ford, but Batman does!
  • "That's because he's a degenerate."
  • "It's high risk....Extremely high risk."
  • I liked the chemistry between Bale and Damon.  
  • "Out there is the perfect lap."
I really enjoyed this movie, and I'm glad I saw all of that race action in the theater.  I think someone needs to give a GT40 to Christian Bale.  In black, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment