Saturday, August 31, 2019

Welcome to the Jungle

Last Sunday, I decided to watch "Dora And The Lost City of Gold".  

  • I think I've only watched one of the TV episodes, but every time I saw the trailer, I thought, "She looks so much like her!" and wanted to see how much she acted like her, too.
  • Well, Isabela Moner is just like what I remember Dora to be: optimistic, ready for anything, sings silly songs, and eyes as big as saucers.  
  • I don't remember Diego much, but I liked the way he grew up without her and was annoyed by how much she hadn't changed, as opposed to how much he had.
  • I was annoyed by Swiper, and I don't remember him from the series.  Is he always annoying?
  • One of my favorite gags was when Dora would look at the camera and ask, "Can you say 'delicioso'?", and wait for a response, while her parents would stare at her and hope she would grow out of it, wondering who the heck she was addressing.  I hope she never does.
  • "This is a golden poison tree frog! Can YOU say 'extreme neurotoxicity'?"
  • It's like "Goonies" in the jungle, with a monkey!  I love those "Raiders of the Lost Ark" type of adventure stories.  Dora never says "die".
  • Ha!  That poison mushroom sequence when Dora and Diego turn into their animated characters was awesome.
  • "There are a lot of things more dangerous than a wounded animal. A healthy animal, for starters."
  • I mostly liked that the movie's message is that you should stay true to yourself.
That was fun!  

No comments:

Post a Comment