There was a short prior to the movie, titled "Minion Mowers".
- Heart tattoo!
- I love that this is all because they want to get a blender for their banaNA.
As for Max and his friends:
- The opening aerial views made me kind of dizzy, although it was lovely to see New York from that vantage point.
- Duke reminded me of Chewbacca. I keep wanting to call him "Chewie".
- Perhaps I should have pre-screened this so that I could warn Cindy that there were snakes in this movie. Sorry, Cindy. "Snake Bite! Snake Bite!"
- Loved seeing the poster for the Hitchcock's "The Birds" in Sweetpea's apartment.
- Also liked the promotion of Illumination's next flick, "Sing" on the bus.
- I think my favorite pet was Chloe, even though she's a cat and made fun of dogs. I just loved her sarcasm. "OK, so the short cut was death."
- Gidget is a close second, though. She's a badass when it comes to protecting her future boyfriend.
- I love that they got high on sausages. "We Go Together" was bonus fun.
- I'm horrible. As soon as I saw that Duke's former owner was an older gentleman, I thought, "He's dead." This is what happens when characters die in a lot of the animated movies that I watch; I just assume it's going to happen.
- Linda and I both recognized that the part with Max and Duke stuck in the van and Max walking on the shattered glass was an homage to "Jurassic Park: Lost World".
- The Flushed Pets. I get it. But how is that bunny, that lives in the sewers, so pristine white?
- See what happens when you abandon your pets? They become a gang and try to destroy humanity. Be kind to animals!
- Hi, Joe!!!
This was a fun movie, but not the greatest. I would like to see it again to check out the details in the sewer and on Tattoo's skin, as well as to laugh again.