Sunday, November 15, 2015

Standing Man

Glenndy, Mox and I saw "Bridge of Spies" last weekend.  I was still sore from the previous day's 10K, but I walked to the theater anyway.  Yay...but it was ouchful.  It was full of ouch.  Thank goodness I have friends who understand the ouchies, and don't expect me to run to the theater.  


  • Tom Hanks, I love you.  He doesn't disappoint me here, bringing humor to his drama as always.
  • You're secretly dating your boss' daughter, and she gets mad when you stand her up.  Perhaps you should have told her that it was because her dad needed you to work that night, so maybe she would have been a little more understanding.  Boys.  Sigh.
  • Those German gang members were handsome.  Not that I want to be mugged by them for my coat.  That placed looked COLD.
  • I liked how he kept trying to make his deal no matter what the CIA wanted him to do.  That took quite a bit of bravery.
  • "Aren't you worried?" "Would it help?"  See, this is how we all need to think of stuff that worries us:  our reaction to whatever comes up defines us. 
  • Mark Rylance played Abel quite well, making me feel empathy for him because of his calm.  I wish I could be calm like that in the face of adversity.
  • Dude, what happened to your orders to kill yourself if you're about to get caught by the Russians?  
  • The image of the Berlin wall being erected were quite stirring to me.  I guess I always remembered the wall just being there, so I didn't think of how it must have felt to see that happen.  
  • Nice shot toward the end of the kids jumping over fences in Donovan's neighborhood, a reminder of the attempts made by those trying to escape over the wall.
I really enjoyed this movie.  Thanks, Mr. Spielberg.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment