Sunday, November 29, 2015

Have Fun Storming the Capitol!

Glenndy and I attended a double feature of "The Hunger Games: Mockingjay" parts 1 and 2 and were able to see the new film a day before the official release.  Or is that a day and a 1/2 because of midnight?  I don't know.  We got cool pins of the hand signal the rebels do, as well as lanyards so that we could go in and out of the theater.

Anyway, neither Cindy nor I remembered crying so much the first time we watched part 1, but I probably just forgot.  I did not, however, forget Katniss' song.  On with part 2, the final portion of the final book of the great Hunger Games series.

  • Johanna is the coolest.  Vicious, but cool, and hilarious.
  • Love Katniss' outfits.  I'm glad that Cinna was able to design more of them before his demise.
  • Peeta made me nervous, even though I remembered what happened at the end of the books.  Thanks for making me nervous, Josh.
  • Oh, Gale.  So tortured.
  • Effie's eyelashes could stab a person.
  • I don't remember Julianne Moore's eyes being that light.  They were kinda freaky as Coin.
  • Tried not to cry when they showed Plutarch.  
  • I now can't watch Stanely Tucci as Caesar without thinking of Stephen Colbert acting as Caesar's brother whenever a candidate drops out of the presidential race.
  • Poor kitty cat.  But at least he knew that Katniss needed him to stay.  
  • The monsters in the sewers reminded me of the really old vampires in the Buffy series.
  • "May your aim be as true as your heart is pure."  Oh boy.
  • Ooh, the kisses!  Especially the one not in the triangle.  That was a surprise!
  • "You love me.  Real or not real?"
Great job with the series, everyone.  Thank you for being true to Katniss' story.

No comments:

Post a Comment