Saturday, April 25, 2015

Golden Lady

My friends helped me procrastinate by seeing "Woman In Gold" with me a couple of weeks ago.


  • I heart Helen Mirren.  I mean, what's not to love when she plays a character so well that I think that she IS Maria Altmann?
  • Ryan Reynolds does a fine job here in his transformation of attitude from "this could net me a lot of money" to "this is important to the Jewish people of Austria".
  • Loved the shot of him going to a Schoenberg concert in Vienna.  That must have been completely amazing for the real Schoenberg to experience.  I cried musician tears.
  • That painting.  WOW.
  • The necklace, too.  It was heartbreaking to see that get taken away.
  • Funny how I was suspicious of Daniel Bruhl at first because he played such an unlikable character in "Rush".
  • This makes me want to watch "Monuments Men" even more. Why haven't I watched that movie yet?
  • Funny to hear whispers in the theater when Elizabeth McGovern appeared on screen as the judge.  I guess we had a lot of "Downton Abbey" fans in the room.
  • Every time they showed the Los Angeles skyline with the notation that it was a shot from the 1980s, I cringed.  People, the JW Marriott was NOT a part of the landscape until decades after that.
  • "This is like a James Bond film.  You're Sean Connery."
Enjoyable, inspirational movie.  

No comments:

Post a Comment