Sunday, October 5, 2014

Dinos, in Big Size

Last month, Linda, V, Brady and I met up at a Park N Ride so that we could carpool to tLA to see "Walkiing with Dinosaurs" at the Staples Center.  After showing them my office, we walked over to L.A. Live for lunch at Smashburger.  
Brady Enjoying his Drink


We had a lot of time before the show started, so we walked to the JW Marriott to look around in an air-conditioned environment.  We saw a model of the hotel grounds, and I made it our mission to find the rooftop pool.  I found a hotel key on the floor, and felt official.  At the pool area, they had games, and it was quite nice up there.  The sun was still scorching, though, so we didn't stay up there for very long.
Playing Basketball


By The Pool


We walked over to the Staples Center, and I finally had someone to take a picture of me with Chick Hearn's statue!
Wishing I was "In The Refirgerator"


Linda and I had seats together, and Brady and V had other seats, so we found those, still had time, and went to concessions, and still had time.  But at least we didn't have to rush.

The show itself was really neat, as the narrator talked about different eras of Earth's evolution.  I marveled at the little baby dinosaurs, the big dinosaurs, and the mamas protecting their babies.  I also liked seeing the dinosaurs battle each other.  The pop-up plant life was pretty cool, too.
Mama and Babies


Jurassic Period

Yummy...inflatable plants.

Battle

Rrrraaawwwwrrrr!


The kid behind us was really funny:  at the start of the show, he was kind of chanting and singing about dinosaurs, so much so that I started to chant myself.  His excitement upon finally seeing the dinosaurs was contagious.  He also made a mess on the floor with his snacks that his mom didn't clean up afterward, which irritated me, but whatevs.

My favorite line from the narrator:  "...the Jurassic Period.  A fantastic era for the dinosaurs, and for Steven Spielberg."  I also liked when he almost got eaten by the T-Rex because he was so busy talking about them that he didn't see Mama T-Rex coming up behind him.  Also, Baby T-Rex's attempts at roaring were reminiscent of little Simba in "The Lion King".

We had a great time, and I would recommend it to anyone who likes dinosaurs.  You can even take a picture with a green screen so that it looks like one is chasing you!  Fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment