Sunday, October 5, 2014

Chasing Amazing Amy

I've seen many people rave about "Gone Girl" by Gillian Flynn.  I knew her name as one of the writers for "Entertainment Weekly".  When I heard that they were going to make a movie out of the book, I decided to wait until after I saw the movie before I read it.  I had just finished a book, so I was ready to buy this one on Friday.  But before getting on the Metro to enjoy my reading time on Monday, I needed to see the movie.  Wow, I'm glad I did.


  • Ben Affleck does a fine job of the husband that doesn't know what the heck is going on, yet he's not so much innocent of everything in the world.
  • Rosamund Pike now scares me.  Not that I ever had an opinion of her before, but whoa, girl.
  • Oh, Neil Patrick Harris.  You were so creepy.  
  • This is me during most of the movie (inside my head  most of the time):  "WHAT THE F**K????"
  • When Nick put on that NY baseball cap, I felt Ben's pain that it was not a Red Sox hat.  Turns out he refused to wear a Yankees cap, and compromised to the Mets.
  • I loved twin sister Margo:  "Whoever took her is bound to bring her back."
  • "You. F***king. Bitch."
  • "You two are the most f**ked up people I've ever met and I deal with f**ked up people for a living."
  • I really liked Kim Dickens' detective character, because she was really smart and not too quick to arrest Nick.
  • I didn't realize that was Sela Ward until I saw the credits.  I recognized her face, but couldn't place it.
  • So I'm guessing that the Ellen Abbott character was supposed to be like Nancy Grace?  She did a great job.  I was irritated by her just as much as I'm irritated by NG.
  • This movie is full of crazy twists and moments of OMG.
  • Great score, Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross.  Suspenseful and eerie.
Great movie.  There are a couple of moments where the squeamish won't be happy, but It's quite interesting and suspenseful.  I'm looking forward to my commute tomorrow!  Ooh, apparently it has a different ending so that Flynn (whom also wrote the screenplay) didn't spoil it for the readers or the moviegoers.  Awesome.


No comments:

Post a Comment