Saturday, July 12, 2014

They're So Sensitive

I've been excited about seeing "Dawn of the Planet of the Apes" as soon as I heard that it was being made.  If you don't recall how much I loved "Rise", here's the post from that one.  So Glenn, Cindy and Mox joined me for a night of food and apes.  We had dinner at T. Phillips Alehouse and Grill, then walked to the Krikorian for the movie, which we saw in 3D, in the back row.  I pointed to the kids in the row in front of us whom should have been in bed (the movie started at 10:30 p.m.).

  • Nice opening and closing shots to bookend the movie.
  • Big Ass Spears.  I want one.
  • Keri Russell, I still miss your Felicity Hair
  • Cornelia!  There she is!
  • Et tu, Koba?
  • Cried about 3 times.  
  • That baby ape is so very little!  I want to play with him/her.
  • Apes No Kill Apes
  • Apes riding horses.  Awesome.
  • Nice score, Mr. Giacchino!
  • Andy Serkis and Toby Kebbell were amazing.
  • I can't believe that he did that to his own son.  It was like watching that one episode of "24" except that I liked the character that died in the movie.  
  • Do you know what happens when you're watching in 3D and the CGI is very realistic?  You get a little dizzy when the shots are from up high, looking down.  I don't think it was the wine.
  • Great special effects.  It's difficult to believe that those weren't actual ape actors.
  • Caesar is SuperApe.
I would see this again in the theater.  Loved it.


No comments:

Post a Comment