Friday, August 10, 2012

Semifinals Live Blog Part II 8/10/12

Oy.  Some telemarketer called and screwed up my settings, so I'm posting again after intermission.

Madison Scouts director was interviewed, saying their food truck was on fire the other night.  Crown & Cavaliers are helping feed the corps.  I love these people.

8:04. Bo Cru just finished their Titans show.  I like their Pines of Rome.

8:20. Cavaliers did their Warhol show.  I like the tag at the end when they get their swagger back, while the DM just looks at the audience.

8:39. Bloo just unmasqued.  Both their faces and their clothing.

8:55 SCV got me that time with Music of the Night.  Teary.  Love the Whitaker, and how it blends with Jupiter.  Love the Mars pose, too. 

9:12 Merry Christmas from the Cadets!  Do you hear what I hear?

What's her name from True Blood is here.  She's a huge fan, auditioned for Phregiment pit.

9:29. Speaking of Phregiment....the Chevron has been there for 2 nights now, but they haven't completed it with their kneel.  Maybe tomorrow.  They have a really bloody red flag.

9:47. Crown sounded awesome with Fanfare.  I think this show is about the Green Lantern.  Or some other superhero.  Whatever.  I love the cube action!

Dan is now talking to Shawn Cannon from Idol.

10:04 Why does BD have to be so good at such whack? I asked them to just stop talking.  They did not.  And yet we still like this show, because we're like abused drumcorps fans who keep coming back for more.  Irony?  Or Dada?

Time for Age-Out ceremony.  DCI said to bring kleenex.  Uh oh.
Oh, wait.  Awards first.  Then a grand reunion of 40 years of DCI alumni.  A whole lot of people aren't here.  They showed the names of all the corps.  Aw, I miss some of the ones that aren't here.

Reunion participants welcome the Age-out class of 2012.

Cool ceremony with 5 alumni doing awesome solo bits.

11:15 Back at hotel now.  Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment