Saturday, August 27, 2011

Indy + Bond vs. Bad ET

Both Linda and I had free movie passes to the Krikorian, and they can only be used for movies that have been out for more than 2 weeks, so we decided to use them to see "Cowboys and Aliens".  We had both wanted to see the movie anyway, and it came at the time that other blockbusters "needed" my attention, so this was good timing for us.



  • The more I see Daniel Craig, the more I like him.  Bond, Cowboy, whatever.  Bring it!
  • Of course, the more I see Harrison Ford, the more I like him, too, but that's been going on since the '70s.  :)
  • "Gold?  What are they going to do with it?  Buy something?!"  So, um, did we ever actually get an answer on that?
  • Yay!  Apaches!
  • I would freak out if I saw an extra-terrestrial, and I've seen a lot of movies that have them.  It must be really wild to see one in a time when humans haven't even been to the moon, much less driven cars.
  • Was it just me, or did Ella look so much like Jake's girlfriend/wife that it was confusing?
  • That Noah Ringer kid is going to be a star someday.  Oh, wait.  He starred in "The Last Airbender".  I need to see that movie.
  • Adam Beach (Nat) reminds me of the guy that played Selena's boyfriend/husband in that movie.  But that wasn't him.
  • Paul Dano's character reminded me of the one in "There Will Be Blood", so I didn't have much sympathy for him, and wondered why his father wanted so much to rescue him.  I mean, I know it's his father, but I didn't think he needed to be rescued.  But I'm mean like that.
  • "We've got a kid and a dog.   Why not a woman?"  Yes, Linda and I rooted for the dog the whole time.
That was a fun movie, but I wouldn't recommend it if you don't like cowboys.  Or aliens.  Or action.  Or guns.  But then, why would you even consider watching it, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment