Friday, July 17, 2009

Ding Dong, Fate is Calling

I saw "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" a couple of weeks ago with Cindy, Glenn and Mox. It's been awhile, so let's see if I can remember the thoughts I had about the movie.

  • OK, so I get why Shia had to have his hand bandaged for part of the movie, due to his real-life car accident. But I didn't see how, in the middle of the desert, he found gauze to dress his wound.
  • I've been a Transformers fan since they were awesome toys, thanks to the Bro. I really like how Hasbro gets a credit at the beginning of the movie. I wonder if the creators of Transformers and the Hasbro company had any idea how big their toys would become.
  • I liked Optimus Prime's line about fate: "Fate rarely calls upon us at the time of our own choosing."
  • The human-looking Decepticon was pretty cool, except for that stupid tongue. Eeewww.
  • Yay! Rainn Wilson as the professor! He makes me giggle even before he talks.
  • The special effects are awesome, as they should be for this movie. As with the first one, I like the sounds of the machines transforming. The visuals are dizzying at times, but the scenery was beautiful.
  • The twins annoyed me, but I really liked Jetfire. "Planet Dirt." Heh.
  • I couldn't stop thinking that perhaps Amy Adams was running around the Smithsonian, dressed as Amelia Earhart, wanting to help.
  • Bumblee's way of "talking" cracks me up. I like hearing all of the different clips of songs and quotes. That must just be a nightmare for them to get permissions on everything.
  • So, when the government builds the Witwicky family a new house, will it be Decepticon-proof? And who is paying for that?!
That was a fun movie. I'm glad that I saw it in the theater. I had only seen the first one at home on my own TV, so I didn't get the full effect, although I did like the story better in the first one.

No comments:

Post a Comment