Monday, October 13, 2008

Burning, Eyeing, Batting

I saw a couple of movies in the last 2 weeks with Linda, and here are some of my thoughts from those days.

Burn After Reading

1) Typical funny demented Coen Brothers movie.  Loved it.
2) Brad Pitt was hilarious as the wacky gym trainer.  I've seen him do comedy when he was on "Friends," and he did a good job there, too.  
3) George Clooney's contraption in his basement was crazy funny.
4) Loved Frances McDormand's obsession with getting enough money for her cosmetic surgery.
5) Anytime you see a hatchet in a Coen Brothers movie, you know there's going to be a need to cover your eyes pretty soon.
6)  Poor Gym Manager guy.  He just wants the best for Frances' character.
7) The CIA is watching your every wacked out move, but you can go ahead and move to Venezuela if you'd like to escape them.

Eagle Eye
1)  My stomach was in a knot from the first action sequence until the end of the film.  Ergo I could not eat more than one cookie.
2) When someone in the lobby was looking at me as he pulled his phone out of his pocket, I worried that he was being given directions to get rid of me.
3) I adored Sam's freckles.  Cute that his mom's face had them, too.
4) I'm afraid to answer my phone, or have it in the same room as me when I'm talking to anyone else.  Perhaps I'll be taking out the battery whenever I decide to discuss secrets with anyone.
5) If ARIA is for real, you need only to read this blog to analyze my personality, so maybe I don't have to be worried about answering the phone.
6) The government is watching your every wacked out move, but you can go 36 floors under the Pentagon to try to stop them.

I enjoyed both movies, and recommend the first one for anyone that likes Coen Bros fare, and the second one for people that like conspiracy/action/psychological thriller stuff.

Here's the bat cookie that I didn't eat last night:






Isn't it cute?!








Thanks, Linda, for joining me!  I had fun, AND I got a free Buffy DVD thing.  Not a bad day at all.

1 comment:

  1. Yep, after watching "Eagle Eye", I was pretty leary of my phone as well!

    ReplyDelete