Sunday, November 23, 2014

Are You Coming To The Tree?

It's Katniss Time!  Several of us headed out to the Cinerama Dome with a bunch of other people to see the 11:15 p.m. showing of "The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part I", so we were technically there for opening day.  I had bought Mockingjay pins for Cindy and me, so we wore them that night.

  • I watched the first movie of the series a lot during the weekend beforehand, as it was shown on ABC Family several times.  It reminded me of stuff that happened, but I would have also liked to have seen "Catching Fire", too.  Maybe when Part II comes out, I'll do the whole series in one day.  My butt already hurts from thinking about it.
  • Effie!  I love how she does her best with the drab gray uniform so that she can still feel fancy.
  • Loved seeing Phillip Seymour Hoffman, and got sad about it, too.  I love that he is Katniss' champion, having faith in her that she needed to make her decision to be the Mockingjay.
  • This is the book that made me Team Gale, at least at the beginning.  I'm pretty sure that I turn to Team Peeta by the end of the series. I was pretty fickle about the whole thing, because they each had their own merits.
  • I shudder when I see white roses now.  They remind me of the blood in President Snow's mouth.  This movie did not help with the shuddering.
  • Love the flirting between Effie and Haymitch, even though it was for a brief moment.
  • President Coin's hair needs work.  I agree with Effie when she looks her up and down.
  • Cressida's hair, though, is very cool.
  • I had a hard time trying not to think of the Peacekeepers as Daft Punk.
  • Every time I think about the song "The Hanging Tree", it gets in my head.  And now it's there again.
  • How does Katniss know which arrow she's reaching for when they're behind her?  What if someone switches the order of the colors?  
  • "If we burn, you burn with us."
  • "My sister gets to keep her cat."
  • "It is the things that we love the most that destroy us."  <shudder>

No comments:

Post a Comment