Sunday, October 3, 2010

A Week of Auditory Bliss

Two weeks ago, my ears were treated to several days of Auditory Bliss.  

First, "Glee" premiered its 2nd season with guest star Charice Pempengo singing her butt off, making Pinays and Pinoys around the world rejoice.  "Listen", indeed!  Here she is, singing the song live.




And then, to top off the episode, Lea Michele sings "What I Did For Love" just beautifully.  I love this show!


Onward to later that evening, when I got to download the new Rockapella CD, "Bang!"  I'm looking forward to actually having a CD in my hand later this month, so that they can sign it.  Yes, I wish that "California Sad-Eyed Girl" was with Kevin in the lead, but I'm happy to have the other songs like "Tonight", "Tell Me What You Want" and "4U4Now4Life" recorded, and I love, love, love the title song.  If you haven't seen them sing it live yet, you NEED to do so.  It's nice that all of the guys have a hand in writing a song or two, but, of course, my favorites are Mr. Leonard's.  I just love the way he writes lyrics and arranges music.  Order yours today.  


Two nights later, Aura and I went to the L A County Fair to attend a concert of En Vogue and Boyz II Men.  I was irritated by a couple of people that clearly didn't belong in our section (they were holding a big USC sign and were not sitting with all of the other people wearing USC paraphernalia in what was clearly their group section).  They finally got kicked out of our section after 2 ushers told them to move and they didn't actually do so.  


En Vogue, fully intact with all 4 lovely women, have still got the vocal chops that they had back when they were #1 on the Billboard chart.  I was just loving Dawn's hair, and kept telling Aura that she needed to get her hair done that way.  They did a tribute to old school Funky Divas like Aretha Franklin and Tina Turner by doing their songs and even doing some of the old choreography.  My favorite part, though, was when they sang their intro to "Hold On", which is a cover of The Miracles' "Who's Lovin' You", a cappella.


Boyz II Men, still without a bass (Hey, Geo, do you want to do some moonlighting for your old group?), was amazing as well.  I realized that I've missed out on two CDs: "Love" and "Motown" that are filled with covers of other people's songs.  Where the heck have I been?  I realized this as they sang some songs from these CDs, and, like En Vogue, did some old school choreography for the songs by the Four Tops and the Temptations.  My favorite moment of the night was singing the "Dm Dm Dm Dada" with the rest of the crowd during "Motown Phillly".  Then Aura told me about the time that Shawn was going to throw her a rose at a show, and some  woman snatched it from over her head.  Augh!  I'd be traumatized, too.


Not Auditory Bliss-related, but still noteworthy: this was Aura's first trip to the county fair.  So, of course, we had to try some not-good-for-us yumminess.  We dug on the bag of churros that she bought, and each had a bacon wrapped chocolate dipped Oreo.  Yeah, that's right.  Then I bought some baklava for my co-workers, and the guy gave us free cookies to go with it.  Because we didn't already have enough crap to eat.  We had a great time, though.


I just love the fact that all of the music that I enjoyed that week was primarily made by the vocal chords of various humans.  VOICES RULE!!!


Excuse me while I go listen to that Rockapella CD again. :)

1 comment:

  1. I just read this! haha! LA County Fair was too awesome! And I will rock Dawn's hair, one day... She is a funky diva!

    ::sigh:: I'm still pissed at the fact that woman grabbed my rose from Shawn at the HOB! I got reminded by it again last night by my cousins. :(

    ReplyDelete