Sunday, June 6, 2010

Like Jasmine and Aladdin, But With Cocktails

A bunch of ladies from work had planned a Girls' Night Out, and I somehow invited myself to join them.  I figured that my other female friends wouldn't want to see "Sex and the City 2", and didn't have any plans, and they were nice enough to allow me to crash their party. I wasn't a totally loyal fan of SATC, but watched once in awhile.  I had seen the first movie, and enjoyed it.  

  • I still don't understand Carrie's style.  I guess I'm more of a Charlotte when it comes to fashion.
  • Nice to see all of the guys, even though it wasn't for very long. 
  • In the same vein, it was nice to see Jason Lewis' torso during almost all of his time on screen.
  • So, really, people with big breasts don't always wear bras?
  • Liza doing "Single Ladies" was quite funny.  She's still got the legs for it!
  • I liked their bawdy puns.  It's kind of the female version of all of the obnoxious male comedies.  Although the movie got panned for this, I tend to agree with this article.  I heard a LOT of laughter in the theater at the line "Lawrence of my labia!", and I know it wasn't just me.
  • I have different feelings than Carrie about having a TV in the bedroom.  Although I see the point in cuddling up to watch a romantic movie together, it can also get in the way of just having the intimacy of just enjoying time together there.  She just felt like she would be part of a boring couple.
  • I'm thinking that maybe I can just use my love of yams as an excuse to prevent future menopausal symptoms.
  • Sex scenes were very tame for this show.  The series had much more salaciousness.
  • My favorite scene was Miranda and Charlotte confessing to each other over drinks about how difficult it is to be a mother.  "All I could think was, 'I can't lose the nanny!'"
Although this movie is not for everyone, fans of SATC should give it a chance instead of following what many of the reviews say.  It's fun for watching on a night out with the gals.

No comments:

Post a Comment