Sunday, July 6, 2008

I Heart Steve Carell

This isn't really a secret anyway. A couple of friends already know that I adore this man's characters in practically every show I've seen him. (OMG, in Anchorman: "I love lamp!"). I've loved him since he was a correspondent on The Daily Show. When he and Stephen Colbert were in the same room that I was, I got all geeked out and couldn't stop smiling.

So when I saw that Steve Carell would be playing the character of Agent 86 in "Get Smart," I shouted a triumphant "YES!!!!!" I have always enjoyed the TV series "Get Smart," so being excited about seeing SC in the movie version should be no surprise. I was supposed to go see this movie on opening weekend, but other stuff got in the way, so I was finally able to watch it last night.

My thoughts:
  • The theater was full and people were sitting on the floor so that they could sit together instead of away from their parties.
  • Loved all the old props, like the cone of silence, the shoe phone, and the little red car, which, of course, had no gas in the tank, since it really should have just been sitting in the museum.
  • Anne Hathaway has awesome clothes, even when not wearing Prada.
  • Anne Hathaway also has great gams. Wow! The slit on that dress was amazing.
  • Loved the Barbara Feldon wig.
  • That dance duel was hilarious.
  • So was this. Alan Arkin: "Were you thinking, 'Holy S***! Holy S***! Holy S***! A swordfish almost went through my head!'? If so, then yes!"
  • Loved the expressions on Bruce's and Lloyd's faces when they were trying to look mean for the cameras.
  • Zod/Jor-El is in KAOS!
  • Dwayne Johnson is damn manly, and I'd be afraid to piss him off if there was a stapler in the room.
  • Bill Murray in a tree. When does Agent 13 get to go to the bathroom?
  • Bernie Koppel! The original Siegfried!!! I was sitting next to very young people whom, I think, only laughed at that part because I was so enjoying this cameo that I couldn't stop giggling. Of course, it may have been funny anyway, but I couldn't hear half of what he said because I was giggling so much.
  • Where in L.A. is Highway 27?!
  • Loved the human touch while Max was dealing with the big Russian KAOS guy.
  • I couldn't wait to see whom they got for this part: Hymie. (Played on TV by Dick Gautier). Patrick Warburton is such the perfect casting, as was pretty much the rest of the actors.
  • Also loved that the combination to the doors was the theme music to the TV show.

So I was not disappointed at all. I was really happy to see that the movie was dedicated to Don Adams and Edward Platt.

I'll be buying this DVD when it comes out ... and LOVING it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment