Thursday, November 22, 2007

Giving Thanks

As I sit here, tending to my sweet potatoes baking in the oven and watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, I have much for which to be thankful. Although I can't possibly list it all here, I'd like to at least give a mention, ya know?

I'm thankful to God for all that he has blessed me with, namely:

1) My wonderful family all being in California this year, even though we're not all going to be together. I miss you Mom, Auntie Milda, Allen, Mama and Marie, but Mom's Candied Sweet Potatoes will be here!

2) My friends. You've all been there for me through good and bad, fun and annoying, crazy and sane (though I'm not sure if there are that many sane moments from this year...or, really, ever).

3) Holy Angels Church for giving me the chance to sing my praises to God and letting me lift up the congregation in the process. At least I *hope* that's happening. :)

4) My employer for actually giving me the means for which to survive in this great, expensive-to-live-in state of CA. Yeah, there's drama there, but at least I get paid to get through it.

5) Rockapella, Disneyland and Drum Corps/Marching Bands for entertaining me outside of the house, or I'd just be a hermit watching DVDs and TiVo until I rot.

Happy Thanksgiving Day, everyone! To paraphrase something I wrote to some of my friends yesterday:
Sleep Lots, Eat Moderately, and Drink Well!

No comments:

Post a Comment