Sunday, March 12, 2023

Take the Baton

Time for Tar, which I watched on Peacock. 

  • "You don't call women astronauts 'astronettes'."
  • Interestng that student Max can't direct to Bach because he doesn't see eye-to-eye with his lifestyle.  I don't know why any musician would let that cloud their judgement.
  • Not cool, Tar.  Asking principal cellist in front of the entire orchestra if she would mind auditioning for the solo?  That should have been done in private.  I know it's because she had no intent to have anyone play it other than the new girl.  That was just horrible.
  • Who was wearing those big boots?  And who was screaming?  I guess she was paranoid because of Krista's obsession?
  • I mean, why did she take the girl with her to NYC, knowing about the stuff they're staying about her and younger people?
  • Oh, she had two places!  I was so confused.
  • I laughed a lot at her reaction to the neighbor wanting to schedule apartment showing without all of her "noise".
  • I don't understand.  How did he get her score?  And what the heck?!?
  • "Music is movement."  I liked what that guy was saying.  I hope I can find thata video so I can listen to the whole thing.
  • They're speaking tagalog!  They're in the Philippines!  That's a jeepney! Why is she there?!  (Yes, I was saying all of these things out loud, so it's good I wasn't in a theater.)
  • "Is there something wrong with the water?"  "No, there are crocodiles."  <Takes hand out of water> "Oh."
  • Whoa.  Filipino massages are...different.  Why did it make her throw up in the street?  Did it remind her of the crap back home?
  • Oh, she's conducting her music from the film score, like when we watch at Hollywood Bowl.  I get it.
  • The movie's done?


No comments:

Post a Comment