Sunday, March 12, 2023

Mer Na'vi

 I remember watching the original "Avatar" (not the Last Airbender") three times in the theater, because I was so amazed by the visuals that I wanted to see it in different formats.  So I knew when "The Way of Water" was released, I wanted to see it in IMAX3D.  I did!  

  • I had no idea Kate Winslett was in this movie.  That's some good CGI.
  • There were no mermaids harmed in the filming of this movie.  Also, there were no mermaids.
  • I should have watched the original again, because I couldn't remember how the whole avatar works, and got a bit confused when they would go from real to avatar and back.
  • The visuals were amazing again.  
  • My favorite scenes were all of the underwater scenes. I mean, if anyone knows how to film with water, it's James Cameron, right?
  • I want to swim with a tulkun!
  • My favorite character was Spider.  He reminded me of Chaka from "Land of the Lost".  Is that weird?
  • "I see you."
  • Sullys stick together.
  • Those soldiers are evil.  Why you gotta burn down a whole village?  They weren't attacking you.
  • Actually, I want to ride with or on all of those creatures.  Very cool.
I won't be seeing this film 2 more times in the theater, but I did enjoy it.  Maybe I'll remember more stuff by the time we get to see the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment