Sunday, March 12, 2023

All Quiet, Redone

 I don't know if I would have volunteered to see "All Quiet on the Western Front" when it was in theaters, but I'n glad that it was available on Netflix so I could take time to watch.  I viewed it with German language and English subtitles.

  • Awww... wolf pups!
  • Not so awww...bunch of dead soldiers.
  • I didn't know that they reused the uniforms from the dead soldiers, but that saves money.
  • I like the scene on the farm when they're eating all of the stolen food.
  • Cinematography is beautiful.  Lots of gross scenes, though, because of war blech.
  • So naive thinking they ere going to have fun attacking the French.  
  • The French have good wine, even in the trenches.
  • I mean...almost made it.  Sad.

    Good film.  I need to see the original one someday.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment