Sunday, March 12, 2023

Please, Be Kind

My friends and I wanted to see "Everything, Everywhere, All At Once" as soon as we saw the trailer the year before.  So, naturally, we all wanted to see it as soon as it hit theaters.  I'm blogging about it a year later, so I'm missing a ton of stuff from my memory, which is a shame because this movie had SO MUCH going on that I wish I wrote it down.  Anyways...

  • I heart Michelle Yeoh, especially in this movie, with every incarnation of her character.  She is a badass.  
  • Key Huy Quan still has that tenor voice, and I'm all in with his character trying to save the multiverse.  
  • Love the whole love story between Waymond and Evelyn, complicated as it is.
  • Oh my gosh, the dad.  James Hong made me laugh so much.
  • Jamie Lee Curtis as bad guy.  Love her.
  • Hot Dog Fingers.  Enough said.
  • Raccacoonie.  OMG.
  • This movie made me crave an Everything Bagel.  I mean, it was so big!  I'm sure they wouldn't notice my bite taken out of it.  Joy might kick my butt, though.  Stephanie Hsu was great.
  • "Every rejection, every disappointment has led you here to this moment" — Alpha Waymond.  I mean, is this the story of everyone's life?  Just Evelyn's?  Just mine?
  • I think I'm the Waymond in this mutliverse, wanting people to be kind, looked at as naive, but I know that this is my strength.  Even when I don't want to be kind. 
  • I wonder what my rock would look like.
Brilliant movie.  I'm hoping it wins the Best Picture Oscar today.

No comments:

Post a Comment