Sunday, March 12, 2023

Little Wooden Boy

I was hesitant about watching Guillermo Del Toro's "Pinocchio", just because I didn't know if that was the one that people didn't like.  Apparently, that applies to the other Pinocchio movie released last year.  My thoughts as I watched on Netflix:

  • I like that they look like they're made of wood.
  • One song and I'm already crying.  I mean, I knew what was coming, and I still cried.
  • "Model Fascist Youth" Ha!
  • Is Sebastian's middle name "Jiminy"?
  • That's how I am about balloons, Gepetto!  I wouldn't have taken it with me.
  • Oh, I love the Ahab character!
  • I was, like, "Mine, mine, mine" when I saw the seagull, and then BOOM.
  • Who knew Mussolini liked puppets?  
  • "This-a puppets I do not like."
  • "Sometimes fathers say things they only think they mean in the moment.  But they love you."  I am a mess of tears!
  • That's no island!
  • "Well, I taught it to him, and he taught me right back."
  • Oh, he gets his top hat!  And Ewan gets to sing!  

Well, that was beautiful and quite touching.

No comments:

Post a Comment