Sunday, April 25, 2021

Wonderful, Wonderful Weeds

My last film to watch for Best Picture nominees was "Minari", which I watched on Amazon Prime. 

  • "It's not called a penis, it's called a ding dong!"
  • Real grandmas bake cookies.
  • Anne is such a good big sister.  So much better than I was.
  • David is so cute.   I remember watched him get his SAG award and he was adorable when he cried during his acceptance speech because he was so happy. 
  • I never thought before about the separating of the female and male chickens, nor of who would have that job.  I also didn't realize that if you dunk the chick's butt in water, you can figure out their sex.  
  • As soon as he said the sky was green, I knew it was a tornado.  I don't remember seeing a green sky, though, when I was in Arkansas during a tornado watch.
  • Grandma, what does pee taste like?
  • "You've never even been to Korea."
  • "You're crying again? Because of anchovies?"
  • "It's water from the mountains."
  • When Grandma was alone and helped out with the trash, I thought of my grandmother, whom broke her hip because she was bringing in the trash barrels.  I miss you, Mama. 
I really enjoyed this film, and watched it again with the Bro's family.  Then Bro immediately went online to find a restaurant nearby for dinner that serves minari.  He was unsuccessful.









No comments:

Post a Comment