Friday, April 2, 2021

Houseless

 The next film on my Oscars watch list was "Nomadland", which I viewed on Hulu.

  • The vehicle is named "Vanguard".  You've got my attention.
  • "I'm a carnivore."
  • The first time I would have needed the bucket would have been the day I'd change my mind about this whole lifestyle.
  • That was an interesting conversation with her sister, which made me understand more that this was a choice she made.  Fern had been offered a place to stay at the beginning of the film, but I thought that her pride was holding her back from taking up the offers.  
  • "My sailboat is out here in the desert."
  • I wanted Fern to end up with Dave, not necessarily in a house, but maybe being nomads together.  But I guess she didn't feel the same way he did about her.
  • Really cool that they cast real nomads in the film.  But wait.  Did they think it was a documentary?  I mean, it kind of could be one if not for actors like McDormand and Straithern.
  • It would have been nice to see this on the big screen to show off the cinematography.  The landscapes were beautiful.
  • See you down the road.

1 comment:

  1. I found myself thinking more about this film in the days after seeing it. I understand the appeal of the lifestyle to some people, but it's definitely not something I could do. The worst part would be constantly meeting strangers and trying to remember people when I only see them once or twice a year.

    I had the same thought about wanting to see this in a theatre because it would give a better simulation of her experience. In the after times, if it played in a theatre, I'd go for the experience.

    ReplyDelete